There are many critical opinions regarding Aadhaar and Digital India projects. It is believed that by clubbing the digital India project with Aadhaar, Indian Government has made Digital India the digital panopticon of India.
There are also many reported cases of censorship activities of Google and Twitter in India. The dissenting tweets and posts regarding Digital India were censored by both Google and Twitter repeatedly. It would be better if these companies would respect civil liberties in cyberspace in the future.
This post is sharing the critical and other views and recommendations of Praveen Dalal regarding Digital India and Aadhaar Projects that have been shared at Twitter for public at large but are not easy to find due to censorship activities. These are as follows:
(1) Use Of ICT For Women Empowerment In India Is A Belated But Good Step Under Digital India. My Opinion (2006). Source: UNPAN (PDF),
(2) Digital India Project Is Good But It Must Be Supplemented With Robust Cyber Security In Advance,
(4) Google Is Manipulating Timestamp Of Digital India Related Dissenting News To Remove Them From Latest News Results. Source: Perry4Law News Centre,
(5) Exploring Digital India By Riding Upon M-Governance And Ignoring Shortcomings Of E-Governance And Aadhaar Is A Risky Step That Should Be Avoided,
(6) Now Google Is Flexing Its Censorship Muscles For Digital India Related Critical Tweets- Source: Perry4Law News Centre,
(7) It Is Good That Budget 2015 Has Given Importance To Digital India. Now The Govt Must Work In The Direction Of Making It Successful,
(8) The Biggest Problem Of Digital India Project Is That It Lacks A Clear Cut Policy And Implementation Plan,
(9) Twitter Is Censoring Dissenting Digital India Related Tweets In Real Time- Source: Cjnews India,
(10) E-Surveillance Projects Of India Need Parliamentary Oversight And Judicial Scrutiny- Source: CLPIC,
(11) Unconstitutional And Illegal Biometrics Collection Laws And Practices In India- Source: CEPHRC,
(12) Aadhaar Is Not A Welfare Project But An E-Surveillance Project Of Highest Nature- Source: Privacy Laws In India,
(15) Digital India Is Biggest Panopticon Of Human Race The Moment It Is Clubbed With E-Surveillance Tool Named Aadhaar, Source: Privacy Laws In India,
(16) Would You Like Your Children To Be Digitally Tagged Forever? If Not, Protest Against Aadhaar And Stop Its Use,
(17) Digital India By Making Aadhaar Compulsory And Illegally Clubbing It With E-Services Is Controlling Your Digital Life,
(20) Aadhaar Not Mandatory For Government Services: Central Government To SC- Source: Perry4Law News Centre,
(21) Modi Govt Should Not Risk Wonderful Concepts Like Digital India, Made In India And Digital Locker By Clubbing Them With Aadhaar. Bad Idea,
(22) Supreme Court Must Immediately Impose An Interim Stay On States/Centre That Are/Is Making Aadhaar Compulsory,
(24) It Is Surprising How People Can Be So Docile About Aadhaar And How Central Govt Can Fool Supreme Court So Easily With False Statements,
(25) Digital Locker Is A Legal Project Based Upon Illegal Technology Named Aadhaar- What An Irony, etc.
This consolidate list would provide a readymade reference list of all Digital India and Aadhaar related critical views and opinions of Praveen Dalal at a single place. We hope our readers would find this post and these tweets useful and productive.